We believe that;
- Regular attendance promotes the effective and continuous learning of all students.
- Regular attendance promotes positive friendships and well-being.
- Good habits of attendance and punctuality will assist to develop self-discipline and responsibility in preparation for future employment.
- Our students aim for 96% attendance and above.
Absence - Information for Parents
If your child is absent, you are requested to;
- Contact the school every day of your child’s absence by 9.00am stating your child’s full name, registration group and an explanation for their absence.
- Telephone: 0151 423 2721
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Up date us every day if your child is unwell.
- Provide a note on the first day of your child returning to school, either in their Learning Journal or a separate letter. Ensure that your child’s full name, Tutor group and dates of absence are all included within the note.
Further information can be found in our attendance booklet, which is available to download below.
Lateness - Information for Students
If you arrive at school after 9.00am, you need to report to the main Reception to sign in and provide a note from home with an explanation for your lateness.
If you arrive at school late, but before 9.00am, you should go to registration. On assembly days you need to wait outside the hall with the designated teacher and then report to your Personal Tutor for your registration mark once the assembly has finished. Make sure your tutor has registered you.
Attendance & Leave of Absence Policy
Attendance v Attainment
The link between absence and attainment